Printable Tests: Basic Grammar
This section contains free ESL materials for teachers and parents to copy for their students and kids. All of the worksheets on this site are in pdf format. To download them, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free of charge from www.adobe.com.
You are free to download, print and copy any resource from this site for your personal or classroom use only. Do not feel free, though, to alter, sell, or put them on another web site.
Here you will find a collection of printable tests and quizzes that give children an opportunity to revise what they have learnt with the help of our website. However, you can use these worksheets independently, according to your language needs. We offer a variety of tests for young learners, including easy picture tests, more difficult vocabulary quizzes, basic grammar tests, everyday expressions quizzes, knowledge tests and personality quizzes. Also, for most of our printable tests you can find their online versions.
Our printable grammar tests develop grammar skills through word puzzles and fun tasks. Although these tests are a part of our Grammar Helpers series, you can use them independently.
Below you will find a list of all the test sheets in the alphabetical order.
- am, are, is - positive form
- am, are, is - positive short form
- am, are, is - negative form
- am, are, is - negative short form
- am, are, is - questions
- am, are, is - short answers
- can - positive form
- can - negative form
- can - questions
- can - short answers
- have got, has got - positive form
- have got, has got - positive short form
- have got, has got - negative form
- have got, has got - negative short form
- have got, has got - questions
- have got, has got - short answers
- present continuous - positive form
- present continuous - negative form
- present continuous - questions
- present continuous - short answers
- present simple - positive form
- present simple - negative form
- present simple - negative short form
- present simple - questions
- present simple - short answers
- there is, there are - positive form
- there is, there are - negative form
- there is, there are - questions
- there is, there are - short answers
- question words - what
- question words - who
- question words - where
- question words - when
- question words - whose
- question words - how many
- question words - how much
These worksheets are a part of our Grammar Helpers series, and introduce young learners to the basic grammar topics.
Grammar Helpers - four friendly characters from Space - take children through the fun grammar activities and tasks. Each set is about a different point of grammar and consists of four sections including Learn, Practise, Test Yourself and Flashcards pages.
Our printable test sheets give kids a chance to check their grammar skills through a variety of fun activities.
put the words
in the correct order
do the puzzles
write the questions
true or false
write the answers