learning and teaching resources
Our N for Newt resources are organised into three parts: fun facts, games for practising the English alphabet, and printables. You can work through the unit in any order you like.
Fun Facts »
Kids like learning about wild animals. This part of the unit connects English with kids' interests. Young learners can build vocabulary and develop their reading skills, while at the same time broading their knowledge of animals.
ABC Games »
First, kids learn six words (all start with the letter N) through pictures and sounds. Then they practise new vocabulary by playing fun word games.
- N-words: nail, nest, newspaper, newt, nine, notebook
- Pictures. You can use the pictures to practise English by doing simple exercises. For example, ask kids to describe the picture, make sentences that go with it, ask questions about the picture, and so on.
- Sounds. You play sound when click on a picture. The audio files are in the mp3 format which works in the newest versions of all major browsers. If you can't hear them, here is some support information.
Printable Resources »
Enjoy our printables that can help children develop their ABC's, vocabulary and reading skills in a fun way. There are five different activities to choose from. They are divided into two thematic groups:
- N for Newt. Newt-related readers, poems and word games. Young learners can practise English vocabulary, while at the same time broading their knowledge of this animal.
- N-words. Flashcards, a board game and worksheet designed to practise words beginning with the letter N.